As Workshop Foreman you will manage the efficiency and productivity of the Braintree workshop. All Workshop Engineers will report in to you, additionally, when Field Service Engineers are working within the workshop, they will be responsible to you.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the efficiency and productivity of the Workshop Engineers and also Field Service Engineers when working in the workshop.
- Be responsible for Health and Safety in the workshop
- Be responsible for the buildings and the yard
- Day to day management of apprentices and their training, ensuring each is appropriately mentored and is exposed to a variety of engineering work to build up their skillset and experience.
- Ensure quality control for all work carried out in the workshop
Key skills we are looking for:
- Experienced and qualified engineer
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment with multiple demands
- A good organiser with proven experience of managing and motivating a small team
- Full Driving License
- Forklift and / or IPAF license would be an advantage
Basic machine knowledge would be useful, however, full training will be provided.
In return, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Medical and Dental Cash plan scheme
- Life Assurance
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Access to Childcare voucher scheme
- Continuous JCB and In-house training
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a world-class engineering company!